PreSonus DigiMax D8 8-Channel Preamplifier
- 9.00 LBS
The perfect solution for adding 8 professional mic preamps to any digital recording system or digital mixer with ADAT input.
The DigiMax D8 is an 8-channel preamplifier featuring 8 award-winning class A XMAX mic preamps with 24-bit ADAT digital output. All eight preamps include variable trim control, 48V phantom power, ultra-fast acting LED metering and 20 dB pad. In addition, 2 instrument inputs are located on the front panel for direct Hi-Z instrument input. Balanced TRS direct analog outputs are located on the rear panel for routing and flexibility. The DigiMax D8 also includes word clock sync input for ultra-low jitter and robust synchronization.
The DigiMax D8 is the perfect solution to add eight professional microphone preamplifiers to any digital recording system with ADAT optical lightpipe expansion capability including Digidesign's HD and 003 systems, RME, YAMAHA, Alesis, Mackie, and many others.
8 XMAX Class A PreamplifiersThe DigiMax D8 includes eight custom-designed high-voltage, discrete, XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers for all types of microphones. The job of a microphone preamplifier is to boost microphone level signals to line level so that the signal can be converted from analog to digital. This mic to line boost is generally a preamplification of over 400 times the voltage of the original mic level signal. This preamplification stage is one of the most important stages that the signal will go through before converted to digital, and is why a high performance preamplifier is important to achieving great results.
All XMAX preamplifiers are built with the same three elements:
High Voltage—The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off the shelf op amp based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs and an overall fuller sound.
Discrete—No op amps. Only transistors, resistors and capacitors. Op amps add noise, coloration and harshness to a signal. Discrete designs deliver ultra low noise and transparency.
Class A—When a circuit is running in Class A mode the circuit is always in an "on" state operating at its optimal voltage requirements. Class A mode has zero crossover distortion and delivers purer, clearer and more musical sonics than class A/B designs which are found in most op-amp circuits.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range and wide frequency range, and most importantly, musicality and transparency - smooth highs, solid deep lows, and everything in between.
- 8 XMAX class A microphone preamps with trim control
- 24-bit resolution ADAT digital output
- 44.1 and 48K sampling rates
- External sync via BNC word clock input
- Direct outputs on every channel
- LED input metering
- -20dB Pad on every channel
DigiMax D8 8-Channel Preamplifier Specifications:
- Microphone Preamplifier
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-0.5 dB): 20 Hz to 50 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 150 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1600 Ohms
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.003%
- EIN (unwtd, 55dB Gain, 150 Ohms Input, 20Hz to 22 kHz): -126 dBu
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, unwtd, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20Hz to 22 kHz): > 101 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 55 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1dB): -4 dB to 50 dB
- Maximum Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): +14 dBu
- Signal Level LEDs: +10 dBu (0 dBFS)
- Red / Clip (+/-0.5 dBu): +10 dBu (0 dBFS)
- Yellow (+/-0.5 dBu): +4 dBu (-6 dBFS)
- Green (+/-0.5 dBu): 8 dBu (-18 dBFS)
- Green (+/-0.5 dBu): 14 dBu: (-24 dBFS)
- Phantom Power (+/-2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Instrument Input (channels 1 and 2 only)
- Type: ¼" TRS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhms
- Line Outputs
- Type: ¼" TRS Balanced
- Output Impedance51 Ohms
- Digital Audio
- ADC Dynamic Range (AWTD, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 107dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0dBFS: +10 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz):44.1, 48
- External Sample Frequency Input: 75 Ohms BNC
- Input Connector Type: IEC
- Input Voltage (factory configured): 90 to 230 VAC
- Power Requirements (Continuous): 20W
- Package Type: 1U - steel chassis
- Dimensions: 19(W) X 1.75(H) X 7(D) inches
- Weight: 6 lbs. (2.72 KG)
Click or call to order today! Our dual Complete Satisfaction and Lowest Price Guarantees mean you can't lose!