PreSonus Eris E8 8" Powered Studio Monitor 8" Powered Studio Monitor with Kevlar Woofer, 1.25" Silk-dome Tweeter, and 140W Class AB Bi-amplification (each)
- In Stock, Fixed Freight includes: Insurance, Warranty and Delivery
- 24.00 LBS
- $79.99 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
Affordable Pro Studio-monitor Performance!
PreSonus Eris E8 2-way active studio monitors give you the kind of clear and accurate sound that you probably wouldn't expect out of such budget-friendly speakers. For starters, these monitors feature robust 8" Kevlar woofers that offer excellent low-frequency reproduction with next to no distortion, and silk-dome tweeters that deliver smooth and balanced highs. The result: sound you can trust, which means the mixes you create will translate better from one stereo to another. What's more, PreSonus Eris E8s offer you extremely flexible back-panel controls that let you easily integrate your studio monitors with all the rest of your gear.
PreSonus Eris E8 Active Studio Monitor at a Glance:
- Onboard Acoustic Tuning controls let you contour your sound for your space
- 140 Watts of Class AB amplification provide plenty of gain and headroom
- Flexible configuration options let you set up your speakers to best meet your needs
Onboard Acoustic Tuning controls let you contour your sound for your space
If you've read the Musical Garage Studio Monitor Buying Guide, then you already know about the problems that come with putting your monitors too close to walls. That's when extreme low frequencies actually cause your walls to vibrate and act like big speaker cones, filling the air with false harmonics and ruining your ability to mix with accuracy. But sometimes, the shape and size of your room leaves you with no alternative but to place your monitors close to a wall. That's where the Eris E8's Acoustic Tuning controls come in handy. By cutting your Eris E8's bass by up to 4dB, you can compensate for this phenomenon, without neutering your sound.
140 Watts of Class AB amplification provide plenty of gain and headroom
Offering up a solid 140 watts of Class AB amplification gives the PreSonus Eris E8 a major advantage over studio monitors that feature just enough power to get the job done. It may sound kind of technical, but the way this feature benefits you is actually pretty straightforward. With the Eris E8's gain set to unity (the U in the middle of the dial) you can comfortably monitor your mix at an appropriate level, but still have plenty of extra volume to spare so that run-away transients (momentary loud peaks) sound louder, instead of just distorting at the same relative volume. It's hard to express just how readily this easily overlooked feature of the Eris E8 can save your mix.
Flexible configuration options let you set up your speakers to best meet your needs
Say you want to upgrade your monitoring system with a nice new subwoofer - your Eris E8 monitors easily fit the bill. Thats because each Eris E8 includes a 3-position highpass filter onboard, which lets you cut frequencies below either 80Hz or 100Hz. If you need to further fine tune your sound to achieve a flat frequency response, you'll find fully variable high-frequency and midrange controls on the back that let you boost or cut up to 6dB in their respective ranges. What's more, PreSonus outfitted their Eris E8 studio monitors with unbalanced RCA as well as balanced TRS and XLR inputs, so you can connect them directly to just about any sound source in your studio.
PreSonus Eris E8 Active Studio Monitor Features:
- An outstanding way to upgrade your monitoring so that your mixes translate
- 8" Kevlar woofer delivers solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeter eliminates harshness and provides balanced high-frequency sound
- 140-watt Class AB bi-amplification provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide all the connections you may need
- Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment
PreSonus Eris E8 studio-monitors offer pro studio performance for a home studio price!
- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:8"
- LF Driver Type:Kevlar cone
- HF Driver Size:1.25"
- HF Driver Type:Silk dome
- LF Driver Power Amp:75W
- HF Driver Power Amp:65W
- Total Power:140W Class AB
- Frequency Response:35Hz-22kHz
- Crossover Frequency:2.2kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL:105 dB SPL @ 1m
- Features:Low cut (80Hz, 100Hz), Over temperature protection, RF interference protection, Mid and High frequency boost/cut
- Input Types:1 x RCA, 1 x 1/4" TRS, 1 x XLR
- Enclosure Type:Ported
- Enclosure Material:Vinyl laminated, medium-density fiberboard
- Weight:22.2 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:Eris E8